Wildlife News Articles From June 2007
- Forestry Commission Builds New Homes for Great Crested Newts in Herefordshire
- First Basking sharks of the season seen off UK coasts.
- Scott and Shackleton Penquin Sketches Found in Cambridge
- Overfishing Large Sharks Impacts Entire Marine Ecosystem
- Government takes the next step towards a Severn Barrage
- Serengeti patrols cut poaching of buffalo, elephants, rhinos
- The rare El Segundo Blue Butterfly is back from the brink of Extinction
- Plants and insects confused, blooming and mating in autumn and winter
- Sea turtle nesting sites found in Senegal
- Deadly seal virus returns
- Sea Shepherd and Greenpeace disagree over Polar bear hunting.
- Sea Shepherd Offers $25,000 Reward for Location of Japanese Whalers
- Sea Turtle conservation in the US
- Bad week for seal pups as many die and some are rescued after storms.
- Scientists discover 5 new species of sea slugs from the Tropical Eastern Pacific
- Sea Snake Species of Abu Dhabi
- Sea eagles released on Scotland's east coast.
- Sea hare, Aplysia fasciata caught off Dorset, now at the National Marine Aquarium
- Otters thriving again in Scotland; now found in almost every region
- Scottish basking sharks increase in numbers, SWT asks for protection.
- Three reserves declared as National Nature Reserves in Scotland.
- Scotland’s sea eagle numbers soaring higher
- Scottish Natural Heritage plans 'escape routes' for species to migrate
- Death of a Minke whale, an eye witness account
- First wild beavers in Scotland for 250 years to be caught.
- Spoon-billed sandpiper hits further trouble, numbers decline even more.
- Massive New Rainforest Reserve Established in the Democratic Republic of Congo to protect the Bonobo
- Huge new Coastal National Park to be created in Argentina.
- Bantam fosters crane!
- Major new wetland reserve to be created on Teeside
- Samboja Lestari - reforestation in Borneo.
- First wild saigas radio-collared in Mongolia's Gobi Desert
- Three Further Giant Fanshell Specimens Found Increasing UK Population By Over 25%
- Rare giant mollusc found in Salcombe Estuary
- Large birds have all but disappeared from the Sahel.
- Chimpanzee conservation in The Ruwenzori Mountains.
- Huge seizure of tiger skins, bear paws and saiga horns in Russian Far East
- LISTEN OUT FOR THE SCREAMING NEIGHBOURS, ASKS RSPB
- RSPB to survey only critically endangered bird visitor to Britain.
- Californian Condors
- Rockhopper penguins in sharp, worrying decline.