Wildlife News Articles From January 2007
- Malta's bird shooting and trapping shame
- Malta charged over Turtle dove hunt.
- Rare Short-toed Eagles targeted in Malta
- Hunting in Malta continues unabated.
- European Commission Issues Final Warning to Malta Over Illegal Bird Hunting
- The search for the Malabar Civet
- Male bias may mean rare birds are even more endangered.
- Madagascar protects wetlands crucial for people and birds
- Madagascar Creates 1 Million Hectares of New Protected Areas
- Fossa, Madagascar's predator, threatened by deforestation.
- 'Extinct' Madagascar Pochard re-discovered
- Scarlet macaws given radio collars for the first time
- New species of sucker-footed bat found in Madagascar
- Canopy Raft Program discoveries and photos from Madagascar.
- Research project maps Lyme Bay biodiversity hotspots, highlights threats
- Ugandan forest spared from scourge of biofuel
- Lear’s Macaw Making a Remarkable Comeback
- Durrell scientists seek new homes for St Lucia whiptail lizards
- Lonesome George may not be as Lonesome as we thought
- Six new species discovered in 'Lost Forest'.
- Long-whiskered Owlet seen in the wild for the first time
- London fur trader convicted of trading in endangered species
- First bittern of the season lands in London
- Loch of the Lowes ospreys fledge
- Another new lizard discovered in Vietnam
- Two new lizards discovered in Brazil
- Lions and Vultures Poisoned in Kenya
- New species of Lizard discovered in Borneo, and possible new snake and frogs too.
- Water vole research conducted at Loch Leven National Nature Reserve, in Perthshire
- Very rare 'Leucistic' moorhens seen in the UK.
- Bearded tits thriving in Lancashire.
- Snow leopard fitted with GPS collar
- Critically endangered Lear's macaw gets boost
- California Votes to Protect Endangered Condors by Banning Lead Ammunition
- Eleven Leatherback Turtles to Compete in the Great Turtle Race from Costa Rica to Galapagos
- US most endangered duck, Laysan duck, breeding success
- Wildlife groups try to ban lead shot to save condors
- Lead Paint Poisoning Thousands of Albatrosses
- Large mammal species in decline in Africa's national parks
- Antarctic Marine Explorers Reveal First Hints of Biological Change After Collapse of Polar Ice Shelves
- The world's least known bird, the Large-billed Reed-warbler, rediscovered.
- Large-antlered muntjac photographed for first time
- Carnage on the shores of Lake Edward, DRC.
- Bumper year for Hen Harriers in Lancashire
- Cranes breed in the Fens for the first time in 400 years
- Global warming disaster as thousands of harp seal pups perish
- Largest Ever Rhino Translocation in East Africa
- Poacher shot dead after discovery of 2 rhino carcasses in Kruger
- Kruger Park full - visitors turned away.
- KwaZulu Natal game auction 2007
- Wildlife starves on emptied wetland in South Korea
- Major Oil Spill Threatens South Korea's West Coast Wetlands
- Komodo dragons virgin birth
- Native trout reintroduced into their New Zealand home
- 3 Red Kites Poisoned at Argaty Red Kite Centre
- Research finds more Knysna elephants than expected
- 2007 Worst Year for Red Kite Poisoning Since 2001
- Red kite shot dead in Ireland just weeks after release.
- The Forestry Commission is mounting a major survey to track down and conserve Kielder’s rare wild goats.
- Kenya Launches National Conservation Strategy to Boost Rhinos
- ‘Dave the Dolphin’ missing from Kent Coast
- Kenya to Launch Drive to Attract Bird Tourism.
- Irresponsible tourism and lodge building threatening some of Kenya's finest parks