Wildlife News Articles From December 2006
- Researchers Discover Forests of Endangered Tropical Kelp off the Galapagos
- Rhino poaching in Kaziranga National Park
- Two more rhinos killed in Kaziranga NP, India.
- 18th rhino this year killed in Kaziranga, India.
- Kazakhstan signs RAMSAR treaty and protects wetlands.
- Yet another rhino killed in Kaziranga, poachers arrested.
- Letter from Zimbabwe; killing elephants to feed to crocodiles. Further information has come to light that shows this is untrue.
- Vast Stockpile of Illegal Skins Burned in Kashmir
- Gibbons released into a reserve
- Marabou stork chicks left to die.
- Kalahari bushmen return to their rightful home.
- Overfeeding Kakapo creates a bias in the sexes.
- Kakapo breeding season 2007-8 to use artifical insemination
- Stoat sighted on island sanctuary endangers kakapo survival.
- Oryx to be released into the wild, in Jordan.
- The Kaimanawa wild horses of New Zealand
- Jerdon's Courser, one of the world's rarest birds, threatened with extinction.
- When is a worm not a worm? When it’s a jellyfish…
- Record Increase in Breeding Tropicbirds on Jarnein Island, Abu Dhabi.
- Japanese whaling fleet sails for the Antarctic
- Sea Shepherd Launches Campaign to Disrupt Japanese Whaling: Operation Migaloo
- Jamaica's Cockpit country, a hugely important habitat for rare and endangered species, is under threat from Bauxite mining.
- Japan’s whaling fleet targeting Humpbacks for first time in more than 40 years.
- Ivory sales get the go-ahead from CITES
- Ignorant tourists still buying illegal wildlife products on holiday.
- Africa's rarest carnivore discovered in Tanzania.
- Ivory gull numbers plummet
- Ivory DNA study identifies source of huge Ivory haul
- Three rare Marsican bears killed in Italy
- Asian crime syndicates based in Africa fuel illegal ivory surge
- Kazakhstan ‘steppes’ up protection of endangered antelope
- White Tailed Eagles Released in Ireland
- Golden Eagle chick hatches in Donegal
- Huge leatherback turtle found dead off Ireland
- Red Kites fly again in Ireland.
- Iranian cheetahs given GPS collars
- Many new species of shark and ray discovered in Indonesia
- Hong Kong and Cameroon win Interpol Award
- More tigers killed in India
- Endangered bat colony attacked 'for a laugh' in the US
- Timber Smuggling from Indonesia Rises as Judicial Corruption Ensures Masterminds Behind US$20 billion Forest Crime go Unpunished
- Tiger numbers crash 60% in India.
- Six rhinos killed in India
- Three convicted of wildlife crimes in India
- A new species of frog, India's smallest, has been discovered in the Western Ghats
- Eu bans wild bird imports
- Campaign Against Illegal Poisoning of Wildlife
- New species of finch recognised in Idaho!
- IFAW calls for ivory ban on Ebay.
- Sea Shepherd to shut down Iceland whaling
- New population of Iberian lynx discovered in Spain.
- Iceland Calls a Halt to Whaling as No One Wants Whale Meat.
- Important wildlife sanctuary threatened by dam on South Island
- New legislation in South Africa severely restricts 'Canned Hunting'.
- US Hunting Company charged with a range of wildlife crimes
- Protests and outrage as Malta hunting season opens
- Satellite tracking Humpback whales in the Southern Oceans.
- Humber floods destroy Bearded tits and avocet nests.
- Dead whale spotted in the Humber
- Japan Suspends Humpback Whale Hunt
- Government gives go ahead to build an extra 642,000 houses in the South East – Environmental concerns ignored.
- First Houbara Bustard Nests in the UAE Desert for many Decades
- Origins of Greater Horseshoe Bat Uncovered
- Worldwide decline in honeybees puzzles and worries scientists