Wildlife News Articles From September 2006
- Rare chance to see a Kakapo.
- Cheshire Wildlife Trust urges marine consultation.
- Leatherback Turtle Research in Gabon.
- DEFRA gives eagles and ospreys extra protection.
- Desert wildlife under threat.
- Diverse Sea ‘Bugs,’ and Other Life Revealed on Landmark Atlantic Cruise to Census Zooplankton and Animals at Depths to 5 km.
- Colorado Lynx Reproduction Healthy During 2005.
- Five calves born to new 'pure' bison herd in Montana
- Many beetles in Britain have gone missing, possibly extinct.
- WWF Takes First-Ever Photo of Wild Rhino on Borneo
- Dolphins and whales of the Banffshire Coast.
- ‘Extinct’ Frog Rediscovered in Costa Rica
- South Island kokako declared extinct
- Rare Exmoor ponies to have new heathland home in Suffolk
- Heath Fritillary conservation on Exmoor
- New exotic pests colonising South West London
- Fisherman catches Europe's rarest fish
- The Indian National Board For Wildlife legislates to protect tigers, peacocks and jungle fowl.
- Maungatautari – creating an ecological treasure
- Rabies in endangered Ethiopian wolves cut by targeted vaccination programme
- Nearly 40 per cent of European freshwater fish species threatened with extinction
- One in six European mammals threatened with extinction
- Diego, a 100 year old tortoise, is still helping to repopulate the Galapagos island of Espanola.
- More oceanic sharks added to the 'Endangered' List
- 11 elephants killed in Chizarira National Park, 1 Black rhino in Hwange, Zimbabwe.
- Six of the world’s eight bear species are threatened with extinction
- Catching elephants for tourism, the arguments for and against.
- Hippo conservation on Lake Edward, and a tame hippo!
- Huge massacre of elephants in the Central African Republic: As many as 1000 elephants butchered.
- More than half of our Turtle Doves are missing
- Mammal species on the EDGE
- ZSL announces the first expeditions to save the weird and wonderful EDGE species
- EC acts at the last minute to stop illegal expressway construction in Poland
- Echo parakeet off the critical list thanks to conservation effort
- Hope for Critically Endangered Eastern Loggerhead Shrike
- White Tailed Eagle Killed in Angus
- Extraordinary Long-eared Jerboa filmed in the wild for the first time
- Dwarf buffalo remains disovered in the Philippines
- New species of Dwarf Manatee discovered in the Brazilian Amazon.
- First ever students awarded Graduate Certificate in Endangered Species Management
- Endangered Dugongs killed by driftnets in Abu Dhabi
- Dorset marine wildlife threatened by millions of plastic pellets
- Divers wanted for Dorset fish survey.
- Sand Lizards released in Dorset
- 20 Dorcas gazelles released in the wild in Senegal
- Fishing restrictions proposed to reduce endangered dolphin deaths in New Zealand
- Dead Dolphin had tail amputated.
- Dolphin 'Therapy' a Dangerous Fad, Researchers Warn
- Mediterranean shipping lanes moved to preserve dolphin populations.
- Man convicted of harassing dolphins on a jet ski.
- Two Common Dolphins returned to the sea after successful rescue on Cumbrian coast
- Dolphin slaughter in Japan
- Rare Greater horseshoe bats found in gold mine
- Rare divers on the increase in the UK, but not Europe.
- Healthy Coral Reefs Of Madagascar Resisting Damage From Climate Change
- DNA studies of bats and birds show that many species classicifations may be wrong
- Wildlife and bird watching in Devon
- Dingy Skipper butterfly colonises ex collieries in Nottinghamshire
- Derby Cathedral's Peregrine Falcons
- Desert crocodiles in the Sahara
- Devon Wetlands get funding boost