Reserve Manager, Humberhead Peatlands National Nature Reserve
Natural EnglandSalary: From £19,000 to a target rate of £24,650 with opportunity to rise to a Higher Performance ceiling of £26,100.
Closing date: 9th September
The Reserve Manager will work as part of a four person site management team managing the National Nature Reserve, and will assist the Senior Reserve Manager over the whole range of duties, deputising for the Senior Reserve Manager in his absence
Key responsibilities/principal accountabilities:
Working with the Senior Reserve Manager, Reserve Managers / Reserve Wardens, Contractors and Volunteers over a wide range of duties, so as to:
- Develop and deliver NNR plan objectives and achieve favourable condition through raised bog restoration and maintenance.
- Plan ahead and prioritise work, securing funding, servicing legal requirements and recording achievement.
- Write specifications and set up and manage estate work and contracts
- Maintain a safe and legal working environment [including the maintenance of site machinery & equipment].
- Maintain good working relationships with partners, stakeholders and neighbours
- Provide a safe and informative experience for visitors
- Promote nature reserve management through walks, talks, events, demonstrations to other land managers, and through the media.Record and monitor wildlife using established protocols and supervise researchers.
- Carry out financial transactions following appropriate and auditable procedures.
- Help & support the NE stock person the day to day management of livestock.
« Back to Jobs