Conservation careersEnglish nature is surprisingly diverse, with over 350 species of birds, more than 1000 species of moths alone, surprisingly good whale and dolphin watching opportunities and somewhere in the region of 5000 nature reserves.
A guide to the nature and wildlife reserves in England. Nature reserves are surprisingly widespread, and British wildlife is very diverse. Bird reserves can be found in the centre of cities, and British wildlife is becoming increasingly popular for wildlife watching holidays and short breaks.
UK wildlife news
- Brighton Badger March
- Nature Improvement Areas: Thousands more hectares for English wildlife
- London man gets 10-month suspended sentence for illegal wildlife buys
- Suspended sentence for Norfolk gamekeeper
- Farmland bird populations fall by more than half since 1970
- Video: roe deer rescued in East Sussex after scoring own goal
- National Wildlife Crime Unit funding secured for two years
- Darwin’s garden purchased
- River Thames rubbish killing wildlife
- The Government-proposed Water Bill could endanger our rivers
More UK wildlife news
- First wave of England's Marine Conservation Zones
- British zoos are not up to scratch says report
- Outrage after a Golden eagle is dumped by lay-by and left to die lingering death
- UK government announces 12 large scale 'wildlife zones'
- Rare bats discovered in Cheshire for first time in half a century
- DNA tests confirm presence of a fox, not big cats at deer carcass in Gloucestershire
- DNA tests could confirm big cat presence in Gloucestershire
- Hundreds of seabirds caught in Cornish fishing nets in just one day
- Pilot badger culls are a mistake - Wildlife Trusts
- English egg collector jailed for fourth time
Top recommendations for wildlife watching activities in the UK.
- Five of the best seal-watching spots in Britain
- Click here to see the ten best National Trust butterfly sites.
- Where to see glow worms in the UK.
- Watch the deer rut this autumn with the National Trust.
- Best places to watch whales in the UK.
- National Trust Coastal Wildlife Walks.
- A Year of Wildlife Walks with the National Trust.
- National Trust's top wildlife walks.